|Social Media Fun Facts from SEBC
Last week, I was fortunate to attend some very informative seminars at the Southeast Builder’s Conference in Orlando, FL. My favorite topics were those related to the Internet (of course) and social media. Here are a few ‘fun facts’ and recommendations that I felt were worth sharing:
* If Facebook were a country, it would be the third largest with over 500 million users.
* 85% of all realtors are active on social media. (They have quickly caught on to what a great medium it is. Have you?)
* It is recommended to use a 15:1 ratio of content of interest to business push. (In other words, 15 posts/tweets related to information and the 16th can be more of a traditional marketing/sales message.)
* Remember that social media is about listening and interacting in the conversation. You need to participate to benefit. (Don’t be the quiet gal/guy in the corner at the party…)
* Once you set up your social media sites (Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn), be sure to promote them! Add your links to your business cards and eMail signature. Add links to each page of your website. Work to drive traffic to your social media sites!
* Set up a corporate policy for the use of social media. If you have preferred or required modes of conduct for your staff, extend that to how they conduct themselves online. Your staff should be the biggest supporters of your social media efforts.
* Be sure to monitor your social media presence. Set up a Google Alert for your company name to receive automated reports.
If you need help in creating your online presence (either website improvements, SEO or social media help) — give us a call to talk to our Internet consultants. We can be reached at 321-309-6900 and online at www.BlueTangerineSolutions.com or via eMail to info@BlueTangerineSolutions.com.