|New Blog Article: Mobile Websites
There are over 2.6 billion (yes, billion) mobile devices.
Mobile devices provide internet access immediately – almost everywhere.
Are you reaching out to this audience?
Does your business have a good mobile presence?
It’s not as hard as you think. Here are the top three issues to consider when creating your mobile site.
1. Who are your visitors and why are they coming to your site?
Are they looking for directions or office hours?
Do they want to find online coupons to use for admission or purchase discounts?
Do they need to see a schedule of events?
2. How does your current site display on a mobile device?
For example, pages with Flash might not be displaying on the mobile screen so you will want to create a new page.
Long pages of text or lots of graphic images will create a problem, since you’re dealing with such a small screen.
Are your pages displaying as one or two column?
3. Is it easy to navigate?
- Are you displaying phone numbers as clickable links that can be ‘touched’ to call?
- Are you displaying a reasonable number of navigation links, usually less than what is on your website home page, so your visitors do not have to scroll?
- Have you created your forms with drop down menus, so your visitors don’t have much typing to do?
Next Steps: . . .
For a list of the next steps, please visit our full blog article. We also invite you to share your comments/thoughts related to mobile websites.