|New Blog Article About NFC Mobile Phone Technologies
Today we published a new blog article that helps to explain some rather technical mobile-related technologies in terms and examples that you can understand, because we feel these technologies are going to be an integral part of your daily lives in the upcoming future.
Here are a few highlights from the article:
Today’s lesson focuses on NFC:
- NFC stands for Near Field Communication. It’s similar to bluetooth, and is used on your smart phone and has a range of about 4 inches.
- People will use NFC with RFID (radio frequency identification) for several reasons such as:
- Making your phone act like a credit card or an ID card.
- Connecting your RFID phone to another RFID phone.
- Making your phone an RFID "reader" so you can basically scan a code with your phone, and you can then perhaps accept a payment, get product information, see a video related to the product, etc.
The possibilities of how this technology will be used in your life are endless, and it's good to know that there is an entire industry being born out of mobile phone technology. To learn more, follow this link for the full article.
Archived Stories for
Select a different Year or
Month to see other archives